Ork Bommer looking better…

I tried something else…

Well after much thinking, I decided to stick with the orange, but this time lay it on thick!

It has covered better and now looks like battered panels and the paint has cracked and flaked off.

I need to do some highlighting and some more weathering, but I am now more pleased with this than the previous attempt!

it is somewhat bright, but I may vary the share across different panels.

You find the previous history of my Ork Fighter Bommer on the workbench section of the iFelix website.

Old Terrain Tiles from 1990 or thereabouts…

In my garage (as I suspect is the case with many gamers) is a load of old gaming stuff. Much of the good quality stuff has been sold on eBay, however in a box is one of my first terrain experiments for 6mm games.

I was once inspired by an article from Miniature Wargames issue #13 in which a gamer had described how he created some superb WWII terrain tiles. Taking his cue, and using 10mm cork tiles I created a series of 6mm terrain tiles with hills, hedges and roads.

Incorporating cork bark, some of the hills had rocky features. The “grass” was flocked and then painted (to keep it in place) and then drybrushed.

It worked well except for one major flaw!

Some of the cork tiles warped making it very unuseable. Eventually they were replaced with commercial flocked tiles.

Ork Bommer not looking good…

The orange has not worked…

Despite two coats the Citadel Orange paint is not covering the brown undercoat at all well…

Not sure what to do now, I may have to go for a different colour entirely and my dream of an orange Ork Bommer is fading fast…

Grey Knights Land Speeder – the story continues…

More of the model painted… Managed to get in some painting time (the majority was spent on a secret project) however I did manage to get some more of my Grey Knights Land Speeder painted.

You can see I have painted more of the bodywork (in Boltgun Metal) and painted the Imperial Eagle in Burnished Gold with highlights. The Inquisitor Book has also had the edges painted in Burnished Gold.

The underneath has been drybrushed with Boltgun Metal and I may do some weathering on the engines later.

Though the crew legs still need painting, I have painted the instrument panel.

This final shot shows how the model is coming together… still need to paint the crew!

Ork Bommer

Trying to ensure that the panels look battered…

You find the previous history of my Ork Fighter Bommer on the workbench section of the main website.

One effect I wanted was to ensure that the fighter looked like it was cobbled together from bits and pieces and then painted orange. I also wanted to have some “new” pieces that looked like they were from captured Imperial vehicles.

However first I needed to do the edges, and these were painted roughly in black.

These will then be drybrushed with Boltgun Metal and Chainmail to give a rough knocked about a bit look. The panels will then be painted orange (though some will be painted Cadian green as though they were taken from destroyed Imperial tanks).