I have started working on my Warlord LVT-4 Buffalo Amtrac for Bolt Action. The LVT-4 is a 1/56th scale 28mm resin and metal kit. Having given the model a white undercoat I then gave the model a base coat of British Armour Green.
Here are some more photographs of the model.
This is a well detailed model.
Thinking I might need to get some jeeps for my commandos.
Having being half completed for a while, I took the time to finish off my The Chicago Way Shotgun House from 4Ground.
In the mid C19th on the French island territory of Haiti a narrow gable fronted worker’s dwelling had developed with external door openings in the gable ends in alignment front and rear. Internal partition walls were used to divide living space, with internal partition doors in alignment with the external doors enabling good air circulation; often built with a high roof pitch and small windows below the gable peaks which contributed to the cooling environment created by the effect of drafting air through the dwelling.
By the late C19th these dwellings had spread across much of the USA and could be commonly found from Southern Texas all the way up to Chicago – North East Illinois. Better quality examples were sometimes called ‘Shotgun Houses’ rather than ‘Shotgun Shacks’ to distinguish them from those of a poorer quality. By the early to mid C20th almost all of these houses were considered old and dilapidated and both ‘Shotgun Shack’ and ‘Shotgun house’ implied a poor quality dwelling.
I found the model went together really easily.
However I did find the doors a little difficult and I constructed them back to front, so worth watching out for that if you are building one of these houses.
As with most 4Ground models there are the burn marks from the laser cutting. I think they add a certain weathered appearance to the building.
I am now thinking about getting the other two Shotgun Houses from this range.
I have started working on my Warlord LVT-4 Buffalo Amtrac for Bolt Action. The LVT-4 is a 1/56th scale 28mm resin and metal kit.
Having cleaned the model it was a relatively simple process of putting the kit together, well apart from the issue with the rear mudguards.
Having given the model a white undercoat I then gave the model a base coat of British Armour Green.
There were lots of undercuts which meant careful spraying.
Overall I was quite pleased with the initial results, and the next stage will be adding the British markings.
For Christmas I was kindly given not only the Team Yankee Iron Maiden book I also got a box of the newly released 15mm British Scorpion or Scimitar Troop.
I have been thinking about the paint scheme for my Scorpions and Scimitars and I outlined this in a previous post.
I started them off, with a base coat of a spray of Chieftain Green paint.
Like the Scorpions, I didn’t quite get the coverage I was expecting.
There aren’t too many parts to this model, so I thought it would be a simple build, but in the end I made a mistake which meant having to start again.
The problem arose when adding the tracks to the main hull. Unlike when building Flames of War resin models which include notches for the tracks, the LVT-4 Buffalo tracks had no way of indicating where they were placed on the hull.
Doing a dry run I thought I had it right, but when I came to place the rear mudguards I realised I had them on too far back! So I had to remove the tracks, then attach the rear mudguards before replacing the tracks.
Apart from that, the rest of the model went together really easily.
The next step will be a white undercoat.